Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Motorbike Lessons

I’ve been learning how to ride a motorbike the past few weeks and I have to say it’s harder than it looks!

Lesson #1: Turn wider than usual. It seems the slightest turn is not enough on a dirt road, so I have to make wider turns and I stalled when I made a turn once.

Lesson #2: Slow down at every turn. Those darn tall grass can hide vehicles and people well!

Lesson #3: Don't freak out. My counterpart (also my bike trainer who’s a jolly old man and likes to call himself “Tablespoon”) didn’t let me go past 20 kmph until today. He even let me navigate the tricky rocky turns. But at one point, I skidded on some pebbles (those are the worst!) when going downhill and we almost fell but Tablespoon just laughed and patted me, saying that I “was ready” and managed to stay steady without falling. Whew!