Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Empanadas

Yesterday I gave my cook a recipe for making tortillas and he ended up making empanadas with the intention of making meat pies! Guess what I’ll be eating the next few days.

I also learned that my counterpart has 13 children and 17 grandchildren. His youngest son is the same age as one of his grandchildren. One of my counterparts has 8 children - 6 boys and 2 girls. "It means you're healthy and powerful," he said, but of course it meant that he had some difficulty providing for his family for awhile. Fortunately, the government has recently started promoting family planning recently within the last few years.

Anyway, hopefully the pictures were uploaded! (Sorry for all the delays but the internet's operating at 54 mbps!)

Some more history on Livingstonia: History of Livingstonia